Missed us much?
Not any more, as we bring you an important note and reminder for everyone and it is not to be missed!
Pretty Peppermints #5
Drink 8 glasses of water per day
We all want smooth, soft, unblemished skin. But sometimes it seems like great skin is either something you’re born with or something you’ll never achieve. With the technology we have today, so many things can be done to make us achieve the porcelain blemish free skin and many are willing to spend thousands for this. But a few things in life that everybody takes no or little notice of is, the cheaper way to clear, radiant skin. It is the most wonderful skin care treatments that is easily available to everyone, has side benefits that affects not just your rosy glow but your whole body, and is utterly painless to use.
It’s called water, and you drink it.
Water is important to the mechanics of the human body. The body cannot work without it, just as a car cannot run without gas and oil. In fact, all the cell and organ functions made up in our entire anatomy and physiology depend on water for their functioning.
- Water serves as a lubricant
- Water forms the base for saliva
- Water forms the fluids that surround the joints.
- Water regulates the body temperature, as the cooling and heating is distributed through perspiration.
- Water helps to alleviate constipation by moving food through the intestinal tract and thereby eliminating waste- the best detox agent.
- Regulates metabolism
Drinking eight glasses of water daily can decrease the risk of colon cancer by 45%, bladder cancer by 50% and it can potentially even reduce the risk of breast cancer, and the list goes on!
However, if you are not an avid drinker, it could cause you a few/ a lot of trips to the bathroom for the first few times. But the body will soon adapt to this new habit and you’ll be good in no time. I was among the few who faced trouble in reaching the 8 glasses per day drink. So here I will share with you what I did to reach my goal of 8 glasses of water per day:-By taking smaller portions throughout the day. Two glasses in the morning, two glasses for lunch, two glasses in the evening and lastly, two glasses at night, and voila, lucky number 8 in the end!
Another important info I would like to share, is that the timing of you drinking the water could also maximize the effectiveness to the human body (you)
Two (02) glass of water after waking up - Helps activate internal organs
One (01) glasses of water 30 minutes before meal - Help digestion
One (01) glass of water before taking a bath - Helps lower blood pressure
One (01) glass of water before sleep - To avoid stroke or heart attack
So, by drinking water,
- you get to make sure everything in your body functions well since water makes up more than two thirds of the weight of the human body and its vital for our well being
- get NUMEROUS health benefits
- get rewarded a great skin complexion as well as reduction in under eye circle
- and oh, have I mentioned that many women have found that heavy menstrual cycle is eased by increasing their water intake.
Seriously, we have nothing to lose by drinking water. Water as in plain water though, as coffees and teas as well as carbonated drinks are filled with chemicals and caffeine which will only cause tired-looking, drawn-out hazed complexion.
Till next time, do get your dose of plain water yeah?